PASCO COUNTY, Fla. -- Pasco County Fire Rescue was on the scene of a two-alarm fire Sunday evening.
One person is in critical condition and was flown to a trauma center after a home in the 8700 block of Velvet Drive in Port Richey exploded. The person reportedly has second-degree burns.
Two homes caught fire near the home explosion, according to Pasco County Fire Rescue. The family next door was able to get out safely, but their pets did not.
The homeowner was a dog breeder and 13 dogs were found dead. Crews were able to rescue three dogs and continue to search for more.
The exact cause of the fire has not been discovered, however, crews believe that it could be the generator in the garage that sparked the flame. It appears that neither house had power and had been operating off a generator from on the of the garages.
One home is a complete loss the other is badly damaged.
The State Fire Marshal's Office will do a follow-up investigation on the fire.
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.
© 2018 WTSP-TV