Pinellas County Utilities customers south of Ulmerton Road are asked to help relieve pressure to the water system by reducing their use of water over the next few days. These efforts will help prevent any system overflows caused by impacts associated with Tropical Storm Hermine. Water conservation measures
- Take a short shower.
- Run your dishwasher only with a full load.
- Limit use of washing machine.
- Dump excess water in your garden instead of down the drain.
- Shut off the faucet when brushing your teeth or shaving.
Pinellas County Utilities advises residents to be aware of the possibility of raw sewage being present in flood waters and to take the following precautions:
- Stay out of standing flood water, which could be contaminated or pose dangers such as shock from downed electrical wires or dangerous wildlife.
- Residents should report any overflowing manholes to Utilities Customer Service at (727) 464-4000
ALSO if you live in St. Pete you can contact Sanitation (727-893-7398) regarding storm damage debris and special collections after the storm.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.