Neighbor saves grandmother from house fire

St. Petersburg, Florida -- A neighbor came to the rescue of a wheelchair-bound grandmother during a house fire in St. Petersburg.

St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue crews found heavy black smoke and flames coming from the home on 1st Ave. South and quickly extinguished it.

Three people were reportedly home at the time; the mother and son were able to evacuate themselves. However, authorities say grandmother was unable to get out of the home. A neighbor was able to push her to safety.

St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue says the home did not have smoke alarms.

To find out more about St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue's HomeSAFE program and get a free smoke detector, call: 893-SAFE.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment