Health inspector finds major violations in strip club's kitchen

Strip club fails health inspection

TAMPA, Fla. — We first visited Tampa’s Gold Club in 2012.  Back then the adult establishment had one of the cleanest health inspection reports in town, with only a single violation.
“As far as the cleanliness, you’re not going to get a cleaner kitchen, or a safer kitchen,” said the establishment’s former executive chef back in 2012. He took 10News WTSP on a tour of the kitchen where we found impressively spotless conditions.
But all that has changed now. The Gold Club’s kitchen is now under new management and failed to meet state standards on their last seven straight inspections dating back to June of last year.
The state finally ordered a temporary emergency closure of the kitchen last week after finding live cockroaches by the prep table and near the hand washing sink. State records show the insect activity has been a reoccurring issue on every inspection over the past year.
So 10Investigates stopped in this week to find out if the problem was being cleaned up.
“I just talked to the facilities manager and he’s not available right now,” said an employee named John who indicated he would be unable to take us back into the kitchen.
“I do know this-- We were only shut down for four hours,” said the employee. “They were in and we had everything taken care of four hours later.” 
But it wasn’t just roaches the health inspector found on the emergency closure inspection. The health inspector also documented temperature abuse on the raw chicken found near 48 degrees, no proof of food safety training for some employees, and a spray bottle with a toxic blue chemical not properly labeled at the bar.
The restaurant was cleared to reopen the same day but with 12 remaining violations.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment