VENICE, Fla. The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal house fire early Saturday morning.
One resident died in the fire and two deputies were hospitalized from the fire on the 2600 block of Carmine Road.
Authorities did not identify the victim.
The two deputies received treatment for smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide exposure. The deputies released from the hospital on Saturday.
UPDATE: Both deputies have been released from the hospital & are back on duty. Treated for smoke inhalation & exposure to carbon monoxide.— SarasotaSheriff (@SarasotaSheriff) July 8, 2017
© 2017 WTSP-TV