TAMPA, Florida (AP) - Most of the charges have been dropped against the main suspect in the death of a 9-year-old Tampa girl.
Prosecutors say they're only pursuing one of the four sex charges filed against 35-year-old Granville Ritchie. Ritchie has been jailed since May 21 when he was arrested on drug and having sex with a minor charges that are unrelated to the death of Felecia Williams.
The girl was reported missing on the night of May 16 and her body was found floating in Tampa Bay the next day. Ritchie hasn't been charged with the murder.
The Tampa Tribune reports Temple Terrace police say there is no update in the murder investigation.
A search warrant affidavit says Ritchie was with the girl at her apartment around the time she went missing.
10 News' coverage on Felecia's murder...
- Missing 9-year-old found murdered
- Mother of murdered Tampa girl wants answers
- Police make arrest connected to girl's murder
- Crime is "constant" near murdered girl's school
- Eboni Wiley mentored victim Felecia Williams
- Eboni Wiley had history of hallucinations
- Questions remain after girl's murder