St. Petersburg, Florida -- You may be accustomed to the big box stores or the mall when it comes to your Black Friday shopping, but have you considered a thrift store?
If you have, you're not alone.
Last year, Goodwill Industries Suncoast stores noticed a trend on Black Friday. Even though they weren't offering special deals on the notoriously busy shopping day, sales on that day exceeded any other day in November.
"It's definitely a mind shift for the customer, what they're willing to buy and where they're willing to go to buy stuff to get bargains," pointed out Jennifer Lugo, with Goodwill Industries Suncoast.
So, this year Goodwill's Suncoast stores decided to get in on the action offering early hours and deep discounts on brand new items.
"We're expecting to see about a ten percent increase in sales over last year because of it," said Lugo.
Here's something else to consider... when you shop at Goodwill, you're helping your local community.
"We help people with disabilities, people who are unemployed, the elderly, so when you buy things at Goodwill, the money you spend helps those programs," said Lugo.
The Suncoast stores will open at 8 a.m. on Black Friday and here are the deals on the brand new items you can expect to find:
- Kayaks: $224.99 (normally $299.99)
- Bath and body sets: $1.99
- Transformers action figures: $9.99 (normally $19.99)
- 3-in-1 coffee maker/toaster/griddle: $29.99 (normally $39.99)
- Kids desk/easel, vanity or nursery: $19.99 (normally $24.99)
- Pasta Pronto Deluxe: $5.99 (normally $19.99)
Click here for the full Black Friday ad
Here are some other Black Friday deals being offered by area consignment stores:
- Triage Consignment: (4912 S. Lois Ave Tampa 813-805-0200) - Special hours and discounts for Friday.
- MOSH POSH (500 S. Howard Ave Tampa 813-258-8800) - Normal store hours, offering $25 gift card for future purchases on every $100 spent. No limit.
- La Di Da (3635 Henderson Blvd Tampa 813-748-8818) - Friday and Saturday, offering u to 75% and a $1 bin which includes items like purses, clothing and shoes
- Designers Consigner (1033 Central Ave and Designer Exchange at 7038 Central Ave in ST Petersburg 727-894-3326) - Offering 20% off anything that's solid black on black Friday.
- The Bay Area's Plato's Closet: Hours extended from 9am-8pm Friday and Saturday and 12-6pm Sunday -Offering $5 on all future purchases of $25 or more for every $50 you spend.
More Black Friday Ads:
Laura Kadechka, 10 News