(USA Today) Babies, of the human and animal variety, dominate this week's list of uplifting stories:
• Comatose mom has baby boy: A Fresno woman gave birth to healthy baby boy this week, a development making headlines because she herself is in a coma. Melissa Carleton hasn't been conscious for two months, but she carried her child to full term.
• Man who saved newborn gets reunion at graduation: A man who played a hunch and rescued an abandoned baby in frigid temperatures got to see her again for the first time at her high school graduation in Illinois. It was a surprise for the girl, and the 1995 rescue is a tale unto itself.
• Woman headed to mother's funeral saves newborn: She was on her way to her mother's funeral when she ended up preventing another. The 36-year-old came upon a fiery crash on a highway in rural Texas, and ended up delivering a baby from the fatally injured mother.
• Mama bear saves cub from highway: A protective mom in British Columbia had to rescue her child who got stranded on the wrong side of a highway barrier. Not bad for a bear, and it was captured on video.
• Restaurateur trumps critic who wants servers to show skin: A West Virginia restaurateur was startled to find an online review of his place demanding that his servers "show some more skin." He obliged, but surely not in the way the reviewer hoped.