VENICE BEACH, Calif. - With a new iPhone expected to be unveiled Sept.10, we got to wondering - what new features would consumers like to see in the new model?
The No. 1 request: better battery life.
"All the time, it runs out," says Koral Kramer, a visitor from Israel. "It's not fun."
"I have to take my charger with me everywhere," says Maria Tsakanika, in town from England.
Kelsey Jungfer says his battery only lasts two hours a day "when I'm using it constantly." Jungfer, from New Jersey, would like to see an eight-hour battery.
"I'm on the phone a lot for work, and it (the battery) dies," says Danny Petrone, also from New Jersey. "I have to keep it plugged into the car all day long. It's tough."
Other features on the wish list:
- Improved camera - The current iPhone back-facing camera has an 8 megapixel sensor, while the front-facing camera - quite popular for shooting "selfies" and group shots - is just 1.2 Megapixel, which is ultra-low resolution.
- Cool colors - Enough with the black and white already. "I'd love to see an iPhone where you could choose a color," says Federica Andredi, of Italy. "Like pink or blue, like the iPods."
- Screens that don't break - "I want it to be able to fall and not crack," says Dianna Ghouds, of Los Angeles.
- A personal digital assistant that understands accents - "Voice to text becomes more dangerous to talk and text, because you send weird stuff to people," says Adam Paul, from Charleston, S.C.
- New and improved housing - "I think it would be great if it was waterproof," says Tammy Thompson of Las Vegas.
- A built-in projector - "It would be awesome," says Mark Craven, from England. He'd like to project movies from the iPhone onto walls.