MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) - A Nigerian official says at least 62 Chibok schoolgirls have been released more than three years after they were abducted from their boarding school by Boko Haram extremists.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to speak to reporters.
Family members were eagerly awaiting a list of names late Saturday and said "our hopes and expectations are high."
Officials say the girls were freed near the town of Banki along the border with Cameroon. They were in military custody late Saturday.
While 21 girls had been freed in the first negotiated release in October, 195 had remained hostage until this weekend.
© 2017 Associated Press