Tampa, Florida -- Looking for work? Here are five new jobs that we found around the Bay area.
Principal Water Resources Engineer - ARCADIS U.S. Inc.
Malcolm Pirnie, the Water Division of ARCADIS is currently searching for an experienced Principal Water / Wastewater Engineer / Design Manager who is motivated and achievement-oriented for our Municipal Engineering projects in our Tampa, FL office.
Projects may include work on water/wastewater treatment plants, water distribution systems and pumping stations, sewer collection systems and pumping stations, water transmission pipelines, hydraulic evaluation and design, developing design reports, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires expertise in w/ww plant engineering
- Extensive Water/Wastewater facilities design, permitting and construction administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing medium and small multi-disciplined municipal water distribution systems and pumping stations, sewer collection systems and pumping stations, and water/wastewater treatment plants projects.
- Previous project delivery experience including project planning, budgeting, and schedule monitoring and control preferred.
- Senior review of engineering reports,technical memorandums and design drawings.
- Candidates must possess excellent, clear and concise, written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
- Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously is required with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual must possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with capability to organize, supervise, manage and lead a staff of people in the production of multiple projects.
- Mentor junior staff in technical aspects of designs
- Develops and maintains client relationships and builds new business, including preparation and development of proposals.
- Will have a significant role in client meetings and interaction.
- Work with counterparts in Client Development Business Unit to ensure office/region performance alignment.
- Minimum years of experience: 12 to 15 years of progressively responsible experience in an Engineering Consulting firm
- Education required: Bachelors degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering
- Registrations/Certifications required: FL PE
- Skills required: Experience with Project Management and staff leadership activities. Expertise in water / wastewater facilities design and construction administration. Excellent communication skills and experience interacting with clients.
Click here for more on this job
Commercial Driver - Waste Management, Inc.
At Waste Management our Commercial Drivers operate front-end or read load trucks to services commercial routes removing and transporting waste or recyclables in fulfillment of customer contracts. This position will service approximately 100 to 150 commercial customers per day according to the assigned routes. The waste will then need to be transferred to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL with airbrakes endorsement for the state in which you are applying to work in
- At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 years
- Clean driving record
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
Click here for more on this job
Forensic Mechanical Engineer - Rimkus Consulting
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer (BSME, Mechanical P.E. required) to fill an opening in our Tampa, Florida officeto perform forensic investigations.
This person will perform vehicle collision reconstructions, including commercial vehicles, conduct forensic engineering and mechanical evaluations of equipment, analyze automobile failures, and perform equipment and product design analysis.
Investigations may include assessment of performance issues associated with HVAC systems. Hence, experience with the design and maintenance of residential and commercial HVAC systems is preferred.
Must be proficient with preparing oral and written analyses and reports of findings. Will be required to provide opinions and expert testimony in litigation matters for depositions and trials.
A BS in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years of professional forensic experience desired.
Other duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions Must have a Mechanical Engineering PE license in Florida or surrounding states with the ability to obtain a license in Florida; ACTAR or ASE Certification a plus.
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to deliver presentations to clients for the purposes of both litigation support and marketing.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to perform inspections in confined spaces and outdoor conditions year round.
- BSME Mechanical Engineering (MUST HAVE)
- PE License (MUST HAVE)
- Vehicle Accident Reconstruction Experience (MUST HAVE)
- ACTAR or ASE certification a plus
- HVAC Systems (residential and commercial) background and experience is a plus
- 5+ years forensic engineering experience is a plus
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must enjoy field work and willing to travel
Click for more info on this job
4-month contract to Permanent, Sr. Java Developer
Candidate will be responsible for full life cycle development. Developing software applications by performing review, analysis, design, and modification of small to large scale systems and components.
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, installation and maintenance of diverse and evolving applications.
- Learning the latest cutting edge technology for designing and developing distributed n-tier and web-centric applications.
- Providing pluggable user-interface components - a presentation layer - for information systems.
- 5+ year experience developing enterprise Java web applications
- Experience with various Java/J2EE technologies: Spring, JBoss, EJB, JSF, Struts (1.1 or 2), Hibernate, Web services.
- Knowledge of SOA, Restful, WSDL, UDDI, and SOAP.
- UML, RUP, Design patterns, Data modeling, object modeling, SQL, MS SQL Server or Oracle
- Candidates must be able to take ownership of a problem and solve it
Nice to Have Skills:
Click for more on this job
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) experience
- MQ Series or Message Q or Message Broker
- Apache OfBIZ or IBM ecommerce or WebSphere Commerce
- PHP /LAMP
- Agile development
- CMS (Stellent / Joomla /Drupal)
Bilingual Insurance Sales (Spanish or Portuguese) - New York Life
A licensed financial services professional is responsible for:
Click for more info on this job
- Meeting and contacting new potential clients to discuss financial concerns and needs
- Conducting information gathering meetings with clients
- Analyzing client needs and presenting potential solutions
- Providing on-going service to clients
- Developing and implementing personal business and marketing plans
- On-going development of professional skills and knowledge