TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - Firefighters had to chisel a hole in a chimney
at a Washington apartment building to rescue a man who'd gotten stuck
Authorities in Tacoma say the man is fine, but they're not sure what he was doing in the 20-inch space.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Dyre Fudge says firefighters were
called about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday to help the young adult who was trapped
at the second-floor level of the three-story building.
A technical rescue team was called in to use power equipment to cut
through a wall and the chimney. The man stepped out in about half an
Fudge says the man was uninjured and wasn't suspected of a crime.
It remains unclear why he apparently climbed into the unused chimney.
Fudge says authorities heard several possibilities, including "ceiling
repair" and "hide and seek" or something like a "stupid pet trick."