SUPERIOR, WI (WCCO) -- When they were dealt a frightening hand in life, a Cloquet couple knew how to play it : strap on a parachute and tie the knot 12,000 feet above ground.
Amy Ebling and her husband Chad are close to say the least.
The newlyweds met when Chad relocated to Amy's hometown.
Shortly after their engagement, on what would be Amy's five hundredth jump, a fiery crash threatened the couple's lives.
When Amy and Chad's sky diving plane collided with another plane in mid air, the 11 passengers on board knew their lives were in jeopardy.
Shockingly, Amy, Chad, and all 9 of their friends survived.
Chad and Amy have made fifty jumps together since the accident, but they said this jump will be more unforgettable than the one that nearly broke them apart.
They want people to know that if they learned anything from almost dying it's how to live.
Skydiving experts say crashes like the one they has are rare in occurrence.
The newlyweds encourage everyone to give the extreme sport a chance.
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
- Senior lab gets new leash on life
- Condo fights neighbor's rooftop funerals
- Prosecution likely in giraffe overpass death
- Grandmother saves 8-year-old from otter attack
- Lost Purple Heart returns home, after 70 years
- FSU professor knows where your cat lives
- Orlando man has messy mugshot