(CBS/KDKA) Police say a woman held on for dear life, clinging to the hood of her boyfriend's car as he drove at a high rate of speed for nearly 2 miles, CBS Pittsburgh reports.
He then slammed on the brake sending the mother of three hurtling to the pavement.
Billie Joe Fridley, 43, and 25-year-old Audrey Justus had gotten into an argument.
No, said Fridley. I stopped at least three times. I stopped at the stop signs going through town. I stopped on the way here, she yelled, Stop, open the sunroof. She wanted to get in the car with me.
"I'm trying to get away from the woman. Not trying to hurt her," he said.
But that's not all he is accused of. Fridley says he beat her with his crutches. He says he had to get her off his car.
Justus declined treatment, but troopers say she had a large bruise where Fridley allegedly hit her on the arm.
When asked if he could go back in time and not hit her with a crutch, he said, That was the only way to get her off the car man.
Fridley remains free on bond. Hes been ordered to stay away from Justus.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- Brewery's 99-packs sell out in 1 day
- Woman accused of trying to burn down ex's home with bacon
- Pit bull saves boy from attacking bees
- Students sit on hot bus as punishment
- Man charged with attacking teens with samurai sword
- 10-foot python named 'Squeezer' on the loose
- School bus driver arrested for DUI with kids on board
- Florida man says he killed 15 tortoises and planned on killing more