MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A South Florida college student set a world record for concocting the most expensive Starbucks drink ever.
Medical student Sameera Raziuddin created the drink.
The 192-ounce beverage cost a record $57.75.
It consists of 60 shots of espresso and a complex mix of other flavors.
"We just made this up on the spot, I hadn't thought of this before because I needed something larger than 1 liter," said Raziuddin. "I picked my favorite cappuccino and started adding to it and it turned out to be pretty amazing."
Raziuddin says she actually got the drink for free for being a Gold Member of Starbucks' loyalty program.
She says her friends love the drink and thinks they'll be done with it in a week or so.
- 7-Eleven extends free snack offers due to app glitch
- Colorful lobsters make rare catch for Fla. chef
- Great white shark chokes on sea lion
- Conan, Dave Franco join Tinder and weird stuff happens
- Couple threatened over brown lawn amid drought