(News-Press.com) - A man was arrested in Charlotte County on Monday for driving a lawn tractor while under the influence.
Charlotte County Sheriff's Office arrested Kenneth Smith, 58, after callers complained of a man driving a tractor down the road near Richmond street and U.S. 41.
Smith, of Punta Gorda, was driving the tractor with an open container of beer in the cup holder, according to a sheriff's release.
According to the sheriff's office, Smith was unaware it was illegal to drive a tractor while drinking beer.
He was arrested for driving under the influence, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, violation of driver license restriction and corruption by threat against a public servant.
Smith is being held in Charlotte County Jail.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- Kindergartener brings .22-caliber revolver to school
- Child hospitalized after drinking Dairy Queen shake
- Grandma tackles suspect, taunts him
- Ice bucket challenge video leads police to fugitive
- Two-headed turtle born in Northeast Arkansas
- 400 garden gnomes missing in Austria
- Man creates pot-infused sodas, coffee drinks
- Fort Myers restaurant's ketchup ban goes viral
- Giant pot field suspect leaves behind selfie