(WPVI) Hoboken, New Jersey -- Better safe than sorry.
After receiving many calls about a baby being left inside a car, medics in Hoboken broke the driver's side window to rescue the lifeless looking child.
The lifeless child ended up being a baby doll belonging to the granddaughter of the owner of the car.
Even though this was a false alarm, police are still very serious about rescuing children left in cars.
There have been numerous incidents this summer:
- 10-month-old baby dead after being left in hot car
- POLICE: Mom left kids in car to gamble
- Mom arrested for letting son go to park alone
- Teen honored for 'hot seat' invention
- Man left mother, 89, in car at casino
- Toddler saves elderly man from hot car