DENVER (CBS4) - 85-year-old Alice Vaticano was left sitting all day in a wheelchair at Newark airport after a skycap was to wheel her directly to her gate to board her Southwest Airlines flight, CBS Denver reports.
But somehow Vaticano was left and forgotten for over 11 hours with no food. The 85-year-old is diabetic. She missed her flight, and no one seemed to know she was there.
Her other daughter in Denver went into panic mode when she realized the airlines lost her mother.
Southwest Airlines admits something went wrong.
The airline says a processing error at check-in did not alert employees at the gate to her special need, which is her wheelchair.
But she never was fed any food.. she only got two $100 vouchers for future travel.
A Southwest spokesperson said the skycaps in Newark are not actual airline employees. They are just workers who are assigned to help individual airlines.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- MUI: Man caught mowing under the influence
- Repeat stowaway caught at Phoenix airport
- Kindergartener brings .22-caliber revolver to school
- Grandma tackles suspect, taunts him
- Ice bucket challenge video leads police to fugitive
- Two-headed turtle born in Northeast Arkansas
- Boy ran over by SUV, gets up and stumbles away