LEBANON, Ohio (WLWT/CNN) - An Ohio school bus driver has resigned after allegedly forcing a group of elementary students to sit with the windows up in 90 degree weather, police told CNN affiliate WLWT reports.
Police say the driver picked up the children at an elementary school when the school bus pulled over and forced the children to sit in the 90 plus degree weather.
A parent said his 11-year-old daughter fell ill after the alleged incident. The parent said her daughter told him that the kids were being rowdy and wild. The bus driver pulled over to the side of the road and told everyone to put up their windows and said he was going to leave them to sit there 'until their brains melted.'
The father said her daughter came home and felt lethargic and just wanted to go to bed and ended up staying in bed all night.
WLWT reports it is unknown how many children were on the bus. School officials and police continue to investigate.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- 10-foot python named 'Squeezer' on the loose
- Man charged with attacking teens with samurai sword
- VIDEO: Texas man crashes $1M car to collect insurance
- School bus driver arrested for DUI with kids on board
- Florida man says he killed 15 tortoises and planned on killing more
- Mom's FB post gets son expelled
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Bus driver gets high and crashes
- Two-headed turtle born in Northeast Arkansas