Vets save NYC dog who swallowed over 100 pennies

NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back tohis normal self, driving him crazy.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment