HOUSTON -- Houston police are looking for a doggie door burglar caught on camera failing at an attempt to steal a bike.
Surveillance cameras show the suspect walking around the back of a house on Bron Holly drive in the Oak Forest neighborhood northwest of The Heights. In less than two minutes, the suspect crawls through the doggy door.
"At 2:30 this morning we got a call from our alarm company saying that our home had been broken into" said Tony Ragsdale, the victim.
Tony Ragsdale and Doug Eldridge were away in Galveston for the night when they got the phone call. In the video, the man who didn't even bother to disguise himself, crawls right in.
"Crawling through a doggy door -- they will go through the extreme just to get into someone's home. They don't care," said Ragsdale.
The suspect tried to steal a bike, but he had some trouble riding it.
"This is the bike he took -- and rummaged through the stuff that's here," said Eldridge.
In the video, you can see him tripping over the bicycle and falling. He then took off on foot.
The whole time, Pancho and Buddy the dogs were home and didn't hear anything.
"I wish my dog was on the other side," said Eldridge. "It would've been nice for him to get bit or something."
"I feel violated," said Ragsdale. "Your home has been ransacked, and you don't know what to expect."
If you have information, call Houston Crime Stoppers at 713-222-tips. You can remain anonymous.
- Yes! Former WWE champ catches suspected burglar
- A cat burglar? Officer Kitty is ready to investigate!
- Bride-to-be takes selfie in car moments before fatal crash
- Police: Burglar forgot to log off Facebook
- Woman beats intruder with wood back scratcher
- Intruder creeps through toddler's room, hovers over crib
- Winter Haven family opens fire, kills would-be intruder