St. Petersburg, Florida - St. Petersburg Fire Rescue is on the scene of a 2-alarm fire in the 800 block of 5th Avenue North.
Officials tell us a Progress Energy worker came to the home to conduct an energy audit when she smelled natural gas.
The homeowners say they bumped the natural gas line while moving a mattress, and then shut the gas off.
Still the Progress Energy worker told the homeowners to stay outside, but one of them walked into the house with a lit cigarette... and sparked an explosion.
Both homeowners were airlifted to Tampa General Hospital, which specializes in treating patients with burns and smoke inhalation.