Portland attorney Kelly Clark examines some of the 14,500 pages of previously confidential documents created by the Boy Scouts of America concerning child sexual abuse within the organization.
(Photo: By Greg Wahl-Stephens, AP
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A Minnesota judge has ordered the release of confidential Boy Scout records on sexual abuse from 1999 to 2008.
Ramsey County Judge Elena Ostby issued the order Tuesday in a lawsuit involving a former Burnsville scoutmaster now serving a 21-year prison sentence for molesting four scouts. The lawsuit was filed by one of the victims.
That victim's attorney, Jeff Anderson, says the files are from a later period than the internal Boy Scouts of America records known as the "perversion files," which were released last October by court order in Oregon.
The Minnesota judge ordered that identifying information in the files be blacked out, but Anderson's co-counsel Paul Mones said the material could still be used to establish patterns of abuse.
Attorneys for the Boy Scouts didn't immediately return messages.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)