Seffner, Florida -- A young mother of 4 loses her home after a fire that started in her living room on the morning of March 23.
Two adults escaped with the four children without injury after being awoken by the smell of smoke. There was no functioning smoke alarms in the single wide mobile home.
The trailer was engulfed in flames when the first engine crews arrived on scene and due to a limited water supply in the area, they were forced to stay on the exterior and protect the neighboring homes. A propane tank next to the home exploded but the damage was contained the original home.
More than 3,000 people die each year due to fires in their home. Most are due to non functioning or absent smoke alarms and fires that start while the residents are sleeping. For more information about smoke alarms and our SAFE Program (Smoke Alarms for Everyone) you can contact Hillsborough County Fire Rescue at HCFRPublicRelations@HillsboroughCounty.org