Pasco County, Florida -- Due to the heavy rain in the area, a Flood Watch has been issued for Pasco County.
Thursday, rainfall ranged from 3 to 6 inches in Pasco County and more is forecast for Friday. The Flood Watch will remain in effect through Friday evening as the ground is thoroughly saturated from earlier rainfall events.
Residents living in flood prone areas should take action to protect property and should not drive vehicles into water. The following roads are currently closed and others may be closed as more rain is expected:
- Jessamine from Jim Denney Road north to Chipco Lane
- Bellamy Bros Road, St. Joe Road north to the Pasco/Hernando Line
To assist residents in protecting their homes, Pasco County has sand and sand bags at the following locations:
- Pasco County Public Works Complex, 7530 State Street, New Port Richey
- Land O'Lakes Recreation Complex, 3032 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes
- C-Barn, 3908 Warder Road., San Antonio
Residents must bring their own shovel and the limit is 25 sand bags per home.