Pasco County, Florida -- Just four days after Chad Oulson was fatally shot inside of a Wesley Chapel movie theater, his family is making sure justice is served.
When the story broke that young father Chad Oulson was shot and killed inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater, those in the Bay Area weren't the only ones affected by the news.
"I am just devastated. When I realized who was, it was Chad," says Kathy Christ, who lives in Jacksonville and is a former neighbor of Oulson's.
For Tampa attorney T.J. Grimaldi, the news is especially devestating when considering Oulson's 22-month-old daughter.
"She was daddy's little girl and the world to that man," says Grimaldi.
Grimaldi's firm, McIntyre, Panzarella, Thanasides, is representing the family and says they are working to set up a trust fund for the Oulson family.
"They both worked. They were both bread winners for the family. So to lose one income will tragically affect them for sure," says Grimaldi.
See also: Fund set up for theater shooting victim's family
After undergoing surgery Thursday night, Chad's wife Nicole is expected to heal from her injuries but the wounds from losing her husband may never heal completely.
"Are primary goal is to look after the interest of the family and to make sure that justice is served," says Grimaldi.
Westshore Pizza has also have been raising money for the Oulson family. One dollar from every pizza sold from Tuesday night will be going to Nicole. As of about 2 p.m. on Friday, $13,000 has been raised.The Rays and Bucs have also joined in on the fundraising and are now auctioning off merchandise for the Oulson family.
To find out more information just visit westshorepizza.com/auctions.
You can also send checks, made out to the Chad Oulson Memorial Fund, to the law firm representing the Oulson family:
501 E. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 1900
Tampa, Florida 33602
- Retired TPD officer arrested in movie theater shooting
- PHOTOS: Shooting suspect being taken into custody
- Movie theater gunman ID'd as former TPD captain
- Neighbor: Theater shooting victim a family man
- Alleged movie theater shooter held without bond
- Witnesses: Victim threw popcorn bag at suspect
- Dad shot in theater adamant about texting daughter
- GUNS: Why are they allowed where signs forbid them?
- Deputies: Alleged movie theater shooter's gun jammed
- Popcorn defense: Can accused movie shooter use Stand Your Ground?
- 10 Investigates: History of accused movie theater shooter
- Nocco on why suspect was not closely escorted during arrest