LAND O'LAKES, Florida (AP) - A Tampa Bay-area man shot and killed during a dispute over texting at a movie theater is being remembered as a family man and fun-loving friend.
More than 300 mourners attended the funeral Saturday for Chad Oulson, requiring ushers to bring out folding chairs and open the choir loft at the Land O'Lakes Church of God.
The parent company of the Wesley Chapel movie theater where Oulson was shot Monday sent an arrangement of white lilies to the church for the funeral.
Oulson's wife was shot in the hand during the dispute at the Pasco County theater. She did not speak at the funeral, but she hugged mourners with her left hand heavily bandaged.
Retired police officer Curtis Reeves has been charged with second-degree murder and held without bail.
- Retired TPD officer arrested in movie theater shooting
- PHOTOS: Shooting suspect being taken into custody
- Movie theater gunman ID'd as former TPD captain
- Neighbor: Theater shooting victim a family man
- Alleged movie theater shooter held without bond
- Witnesses: Victim threw popcorn bag at suspect
- Dad shot in theater adamant about texting daughter
- GUNS: Why are they allowed where signs forbid them?
- Deputies: Alleged movie theater shooter's gun jammed
- Popcorn defense: Can accused movie shooter use Stand Your Ground?
- 10 Investigates: History of accused movie theater shooter
- Nocco on why suspect was not closely escorted during arrest