The cast includes a former members from NSYNC and Destiny's Child
Tampa, Florida -- Jesus Christ Superstar is coming to the Tampa Bay Times forum with an extraordinary cast of rock, pop and R&B superstars on Sunday, June 15
Tickets will go on sale Friday, April 11, at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster.com, by calling 800.745.3000, and at the McDonald's Ticket Office at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Tickets range from $44.50 to $174.50.
Here is the all-star cast:
- Brandon Boyd, nominated lead vocalist of rock band Incubus, is confirmed for the role of Judas Iscariot'
- JC Chasez of *NSYNC fame will play Pontius Pilate
- Michelle Williams, member of the former Destiny's Child will take the female lead as Mary Magdalene
- John Rotten Lydon from Public Image Ltd. (PiL) and Sex Pistols will play King Herod
- Ben Forster, who won England's ITV Superstar competition in 2012, will play Jesus
The North American leg comes on the heels of the wildly successful UK and Australian arena tours, which began in the UK in September 2012 and commenced in Australia in May 2013.
"In 1971 Andrew and I were thrilled by the first-ever Jesus Christ Superstar tour of the United States," said Tim Rice. "We certainly did not imagine then that 43 years later we would be witnessing another America-wide tour of our first big hit show. We are delighted and grateful that enthusiasm for Superstar has been maintained over the years and this new production presents the work in its most powerful format - as a true rock experience."