Lifestyle Expert Amy Goodman has the coolest suggestions for 1st graders and high schoolers alike!
While the back-to-school season signals excitement over a new classroom and a fresh wardrobe for most kids, for many parents, it means stress around shopping budgets, a change in schedules and managing homework after the long summer break.
Lifestyle Editor at zulily.com, Fashion Expert and MOM, Amy Goodman, reveals findings of the latest BTS survey on parent's top stressors! 52% say it's the cost of shopping for clothes and supplies. Amy has the scoop along with tips, advice, and of course, MUST-HAVE TRENDS to make it all, a whole lot easier!
Top 5 Fashion Trends:
• WILD Northern Exposure – From faux fur capelets and moccasins for girls to hoodies for boys emblazoned with jungle creatures
• Galaxy – Starscapes, planets and are other galaxy themed prints
• 90's Flashback –leather motorcycle boots, plaid flannel shirts
• Camo Cool –camouflage prints in a wide variety of colors
• London Calling – Puffers, pea coats and hooded jackets
Parents Biggest Stressors:
• Cost of back to school shopping (clothing, accessories, supplies) – 52%
• Getting kids up and ready in the morning – 51%
• Making lunches – 26%
• Clothing/what to wear – 25%
• Transportation/getting kids to school on time – 25%
• 70% spend between 50 to $250 per child on clothing
• 72% plan to keep their shoe budget under $100 per child
• 52% try to keep spending on school supplies under $50
• 26% said they plan to spend more on their back-to-school shopping this year than in years past, 14% less, 60% about the same
• 54% admitted to picking up clothes to refresh their own wardrobe