LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - A Portland waterfront restaurant expects to reopen on Saturday following a fire that caused least $50,000 in damage.

Firefighters say Boone's fish House Oyster Room was empty when firefighters responded at about 4 a.m. Wednesday and there are no reported injuries.

Firefighters said they discovered the fire in the walls surrounding a chimney.

The restaurant opened in August. Fire officials said the fire started in a wood frame around the central fireplace. It damaged the flooring around the fireplace and floorboard on the second floor.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Read or Share this story: http://on.wcsh6.com/1dbknUu