Tampa, Florida-- Deputies search for suspects involved in eight cell phone store burglaries that have taken place around the bay area since July 23.
According to deputies, the suspect, or suspects, utilized an object such as a hammer, rock or flower pot to break the business windows and enter the stores in each of the cases.
They say the suspects searched for cash, and then exited the stores, either through the back doors or at their points of entry.
They say all but one of the burglaries occurred near midnight.
The following stores were burglarized:
- 7/23/12- Metro PCS, 1430 Kingsway Road S., Seffner
- 7/23/12- Verizon Wireless, 3849 301 Hwy S., Tampa
- 7/24/12- Verizon Wireless, 13166 301 Hwy S., Riverview
- 7/28/12- Verizon Wireless, 13821 Hillsborough Avenue W., Tampa
- 7/29/12- Verizon Wireless, 11971 Sheldon Road, Tampa
- 8/02/12- Metro PCS, 14815 Turner Road, Tampa
- 8/07/12- Metro PCS, 6160 Gunn Hwy, Tampa
- 8/08/12- Metro PCS, B-11638 Dale Mabry Hwy N, Tampa
Burglaries were attempted at two other locations, though deputies say the suspects were not able to break in:
- 7/30/12- AT&T, 4803 Hillsborough Ave W, Tampa
- 8/03/12- Metro PCS, 6164 41 Hwy N, Apollo Beach
View Tampa Cell Phone Store Burglaries in a larger map
Officials say they are not sure if the crimes were committed by the same suspect ot suspects. Surveillance leads them to believe that three individuals could be responsible for the burglaries.
Officials encourage anyone with information regarding these crimes to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 247-8200.
They encourage anyone with any information on the identity and whereabouts of the suspects, who wants to be eligible for a cash reward, tocallCrime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477),reportanonymously online atwww.crimestopperstb.comortext"CSTB plus your tip" to C-R-I-M-E-S (274637).