(USA TODAY) - Manny Pacquiao, who will fight Juan Manuel Marquez for the fourth time on Dec. 8, said on ESPN'sFirst TakeThursday that he would be willing to give in to Floyd Mayweather's demand for a 55-45 split of the revenue from what could be the richest fight in boxing history, in order to make the fight happen.
"I'm waiting for that fight to happen," the eight-division world champion said. "I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... I'm giving up. It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me.
"I spoke to Floyd, I don't remember, last year, I think, (Mayweather called Pacquiao in the Philippines), and he offered me an amount. He didn't talk about the pay-per-views here and that's it. I can't agree with that. I told him I agree with 55 and 45."
Pacquiao also said he has no problem with Mayweather''s demand for random blood testing, including on the night of the fight.
Pacquiao, a congressman in the Philippines who has said he will run for the Senate in 2016, said he believes he knows what it will take to become the first professional fighter to defeat the 35-year-old Mayweather. who is 43-0 with 26 KOs.
"When you see the fight of Mayweather and (Ricky) Hatton, and (Oscar) De La Hoya and Mayweather, Mayweather can't handle if you're throwing a lot of punches, (being) aggressive the whole round, if you're throwing a lot of punches."
Asked if he thought Mayweather was afraid of him, Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 knockouts) said, "I think that's kind of that."
Of course, Pacquiao said this is all contingent on him defeating Marquez in December.
"If Floyd wants to fight, all he has to do is say so," Top Rank Inc. matchmaker Bruce Trampler told USA TODAY Sports. "If he says he wants it, the fight will be made."
Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who represents Pacquiao, was flying to Mexico City Thursday for a press tour on Friday for the Pacquiao-Marquez fight, and was unavailable. Calls to Al Haymon, who is Mayweather's manager, were not immediately returned.