BARTOW, Florida (AP) - A central Florida man already on death rowfor murdering two women has now also been convicted of killing two gas station workers.
A Polk County judge found 34-year-old Leon Davis Jr. guilty Thursday of two counts of first-degree murder and several other charges. Davis had waived his right to a jury trial.
Authorities say Davis fatally shot 33-year-old Pravinkumar Patel and 51-year-old Dashrath Patel during a Lake Alfred BP station robbery in December 2007.
Davis was previously sentenced to death for killing two women - 26-year-old Yvonne Bustamante and 23-year-old Juanita Luciano - during the robbery of a Lake Wales insurance company, about a week after the fatal gas station robbery. Davis doused both women with gasoline and set them on fire.
- Women set on fire, suspect to appear in court
- Witness "100 percent" sure Leon Davis shot him
- Lake Wales burn victim: "Please pray for me"
- Mistrial declared in Leon Davis Jr. murder trial
- Third trial for Leon Davis begins
- Leon Davis takes the witness stand
- Leon Davis Jr. guilty on all counts
- Jury recommends death for Leon Davis, Jr.