LOS ANGELES (AP) - David Petraeus has landed on his feet with a new gig in "Call of Duty: Black Ops II."
The retired Army general who stepped down as CIA director last week amid a scandal surrounding his extramarital affair pops up in the highly anticipated Activision Blizzard Inc. first-person shooter game released Tuesday.
A character with Petraeus' name and likeness voiced by Jim Meskimen briefly appears as the Secretary of Defense in the year 2025.
The cameo was first reported by the gaming site Kotaku.com.
"Call of Duty" games have often employed virtual renditions of political figures.
"Black Ops II" also features an encounter with Manuel Noriega, a female president resembling current Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, an aircraft carrier named the USS Barack Obama and an appearance by retired Lt. Col. Oliver North.
More on the David Petraeus sex scandal:
- David Petraeus resigns from CIA
- PHOTOS: David Petraeus Sex Scandal
- Who is Tampa woman at center of scandal?
- Petraeus could face adultery charges
- Afghan commander linked to Jill Kelley
- Paula Broadwell's interview on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Petraeus shocked over Broadwell emails
- Generals backed Kelley's sister in court
- Media stakeout grows in front of Kelley's Tampa home