St. Petersburg, Florida -- Ferg's Sports Bar & Grill is asking for the community's help to raise money for one of their own who was seriously injured in a recent motorcycle accident.
The popular restaurant, located next to Tropicana Field, is hosting a benefit concert Friday night for Cassie Andonian who they say is fighting for her life at Bayfront Medical Center.
The owners say Andonian is a single mom and has no insurance or savings, so this fundraising effort is critical for her and her family.
They released the following statement on their Facebook page about the event:
"We want to again thank the Ferg's Family of Customers as we continue to Pray for Cassie Andonian. As the owners of a large restaurant, Sherry and I have received many requests for help or participation over the last 20 years. We have alwaystried to do our best whenever we could offer support.
Now we are asking for your help. The Benefit Concert for Cassie is this Friday. The organization for something like this usually takes weeks or even months. We have 4 days and we need your help in the following . . .
2) Please "Share" your choice of FB posts about the event.
3) Donation of any items from local businesses that we can use to raise money. You can either request to be present during the event or we will put you on our Donation Partners page at FergsSportsBar.com or both. Please send email to Ferg@FergsSportsBar.com
4) We are accepting celebrity appearance offers from people in the Tampa Bay area that would like to donate their time to support the event. There are many kind and considerate Role Models in our area. If you know one, please share Cassie's story. We have hired security specifically for these generous individuals. Please send email to Ferg@FergsSportsBar.com.
5) Any ideas or offers to help will be greatly appreciated. We will post links concerning the event and any updates on Cassie's condition prior to the event on Friday.
6) We are accepting donations at Ferg's or online atwww.FergsSportsBar.com
Please try to come out on Friday and show your support for Cassie and her 5-year old daughter Bella. Pray for us as we try to do what is needed for Cassie."
The event begins at 7 p.m.