Carrollwood, Florida -- Hillsborough County Fire Rescue freed eight Muscovy ducklings trapped in a storm drain that was about 15 feet deep on Sunday.
A woman walking her dog heard a noise coming from the drain and called 911, according to authorities.
See Also:Alligator pulled from storm drain!
A firefighter entered the hole using a ladder and was able to rescue the ducklings. They are in good condition and were reunited with their mother.
Storm drains are notorious for trapping young ducklings that fall through the grates. Here are some recent stories of more duckling rescues in Tampa Bay:
- Frantic rescue of baby ducks from storm drain
- 10 News photojournalist saves ducklings
- Ducklings found in South Tampa storm drain
- Video shows baby duck rescue in Largo
- Officer helps ducklings cross the road
- Firefighters rescue ducklings from storm drain
- More ducklings, another storm drain, and another rescue