NEW YORK (AP) -- The desire to produce a quick documentary on Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius and the shooting death of his live-in girlfriend has led to a new partnership between two television networks.
The Investigation Discovery Network on Sunday will premiere a special, "Beauty & The Blade Runner," about the South African athlete and his role in the shooting death of model Reeva Steenkamp. ID is making the special with the help of NBC News and that company's Peacock Productions.
ID even coined a new phrase to describe the quick specials, calling them instamentaries.
People close to both Pistorius and Steenkamp talk on the special, which examines evidence in the case.
- Pistorius: Cop says screams heard after first shot
- Prosecution argues against bail in Pistorius case
- Pistorius: Lover caught in tragedy or killer?
- Pistorius details night of girlfriend's death
- Pistorius' girlfriend alive after shooting
- Pistorius' agent cancels all future races
- News of Pistorius case leaves many in disbelief
- Heartbreaking last tweets from Steenkamp
- Who was Oscar Pistorius' model girlfriend?
- Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- PHOTOS: Oscar Pistorius charged with murder