Tampa, Florida -- Joshua and Sharyn Hakken appeared before a judge Thursday morning, following the alleged kidnapping of their children and escape to Cuba.
Both Hakkens are represented by public defenders. They say they do not have enough money for private council.
The couple faces charges of kidnapping, interference in child custody, child neglect, false imprisonment, burglary with a battery, and grand theft.
The judge ordered them both to be held until a bond hearing, which is set for Friday.
Chase, 2, and Cole, 4, are currently in their grandparents' custody.
- Amber Alert after children abducted by their father
- Grandmother's emotional 911 call after kidnapping
- Who is Joshua Hakken?
- Hakken pickup truck found in Madeira Beach parking lot
- Family last seen going into Gulf on sailboat
- John's Pass residents believe parents picked area on purpose
- Former boat owner may be key to finding Hakken family
- Amber Alert has similarities to '09 kidnapping case
- Detectives continue to follow leads
- Report: Hakken family in Cuba
- Amber Alert search ends in Cuba
- Family removed from Havana dock, will be returned to U.S.
- Couple accused of kidnapping booked into jail
- Deputies: Mom was part of kidnap plot form the beginning
- How will kids recover from ordeal?
- Officials: No deal or promises made with Cuba