LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

BRANDON, Florida - A fire broke out at the Bucca di Beppo restaurant on Causeway Boulevard in Brandon Sunday night.

The flames forced an estimated 220 customers and restaurant workers to evacuate.

Hillsborough Co. Fire Rescue reports that it started around 7:00 Sunday evening.

"I was with my family having a really nice Mother's Day dinner, and we started hearing sirens going off inside the building, and we were asked to evacuate the building," said Raquel Burt. "We smelled smoke, but we weren't sure if it was from birthday candles or something, but the manager asked everyone to evacuate. Everyone evacuated very efficiently in a timely manner."

According to fire officials, the restaurant manager noticed smoke coming from a room on the west side of the building and ordered everyone to leave.

Firefighters who arrived at the scene a short time later punched a hole in the side of the building and through the roof to locate the source of the smoke and found flames between the walls.

It took them about 20 minutes to stomp out the fire, but took them until 10 p.m. to secure the scene.

No one was hurt.

The fire as been ruled an accident.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://on.wtsp.com/1go8Xs3