Winter Haven, Florida-- Self-defense ended up giving a 22-year-old woman just enough time to get away from a man's grip during an abduction attempt Sunday night, but Police say the suspect is still on the loose.
According to the report from Winter Haven PD, the victim was walking home from a neighbor's around 9:30 p.m. when the driver ofan unmarked, retired law enforcement car pulled up beside her, got out, grabbed her left arm and tried to drag her back to the car.
She immediately struck the suspect's face in self-defense, which reportedly gave her just enough time to run away to safety.
The report says the suspect then got back in his car and drove off.
The suspect has been described as follows:
- Black male
- Clean shaven
- Wearing a "Doo Rag" and a small diamond in one ear
- 5'9" to 6' tall
- Between 20 and 25 years old
- With an athletic build 180 to 190 pounds
- He did not show a weapon or make demands
Police also provided a description of the car he was in:
- Dark-colored, retired, unmarked law enforcement Crown Victoria.
- May or may not have the spotlight
Detectives ask anyone with information about this suspect to call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477). Callers can remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH reward.