Plant City, Florida-- A possible tornado touched down in Plant City and significantly damaged at least one home in the Shady Oaks Mobile Home Park, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office reports.
The initial report was sent just before 4:45 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, and said the mobile home park with damage is located on the 16000 block of Jess Walden Road.
Evening updates maintained that one home was "severely" damaged, but credited "high winds and/or a tornado."
Other mobile homes in the park received only minor damage. No injuries have been reported.
A warning to motorists: Several reports of fallen wires and trees have deputies askinganyone on the road, especially in eastern Hillsborough County, to take extra care behind the wheel.
There have also been reports of multiple inoperative traffic lights. Commuters are to treat those intersections like a four-way stop.
10 News will continue with updates as soon as they become available.
Other recent waterspout and tornado coverage:
- Viewers take risk, document St. Pete tornado
- PHOTOS:Waterspout turns to tornado near 10 News
- Another waterspout between Gandy and Howard Frankland bridges
- Tornado, funnel clouds spotted
- Waterspout sends dock flying
- WATCH:Waterspout near St. Pete Pier!
- Drivers race from waterspout as it heads toward land
- Pictures, videos capture "ominous" Safety Harbor waterspout