Lakeland, Florida -- The Lakeland Police Advisory Commission has released its preliminary report on its investigation into the recent sex scandal that has rocked the city's police department.
In the report, the advisory commission says they support Chief Lisa Womack for the following reasons:
- She inherited most of the "sex case;
- Focused early in her tenure on reporting and training, seeing a need for change;
- As far as they can tell she enjoys significant support in and out of the department;
- She has responded professionally and credibly to commission; and
- Has been a significant "change agent"
However, they do say she has hurt herself for:
- The infamous "cat and mouse" comment;
- Not being aggressive enough in big picture communication;
- For keeping Lt. Lehman on duty while under investigation
The commission also said Chief Womack and City Manager Doug Thomas could have helped themselves by adopting the "Grady Judd-style" of communication.
The Commission also wants to design and administer an anonymous survey of all police employees to assess morale, attitude, and values within the department.
CLICK HERE to watch the full report on the City of Lakeland's website.
- More city employees linked to LPD sex scandal
- Show of support for Lakeland's police chief
- Lakeland denies less-than-thorough vetting of chief
- State Attorney alleges Lakeland PD sexual misconduct
- More details on Lakeland PD sex scandal
- Lakeland Police have history of sex on job
- Lakeland Police make woman shake bra during search
- Woman at center of LPD sex scandal comes forward
- 10 News EXCLUSIVE: more unflattering pics surface of LPD
- LPD Chief Womack faces council amid sex scandal
- Lakeland Chief "chats" about changing culture at dept.
- Sex scandal forces long-time Captain to retire
- Advisory board assigned to Lakeland PD sex scandal
- 2 police sergeants fired, another resigns
- 2 more LPD officers out of a job
- LPD Chief outlines next steps in sex scandal investigation
- Community commission gears up to examine LPD sex scandal
- Mayor disappointed after Lakeland PD panel resignations
- Lakeland fire inspector latest to quit in city's sex scandal
- Lakeland Police chief facing scrutiny