Sarasota, Florida -- The 16th Annual Thunder by the Bay Motorcycle Festival will take place this weekend in downtown Sarasota.
The festival will last until Sunday, January 12, and the Sarasota Police Department will be working to block roads for the festival.
Road closures will be in effect on Saturday, January 11, and Sunday, January 12, and include these roads:
- Central Avenue from First Street to Main Street
- First Street from Central Avenue to North Pineapple Avenue
- West side of Gulfstream Avenue (from Main Street to Banana Place, Main Street to Entrance of Parking Garage)
- Main Street (West of the 5 Points Traffic Circle all the way to Bayfront Drive, East of the 5 Points Traffic Circle all the way to Lemon Avenue)
- After Farmers Market closes beginning at 2 p.m. extended closure on Main Street to Orange Avenue
- Lemon Avenue from First Street to the Alleyway behind the Gator Club
- Palm Avenue (North Palm between Main Street and alley way behind SportsPage) - This closure begins at 6 a.m. (South Palm between Main Street and North side of alley way on South Palm Avenue) - This closure begins at 6 a.m.
- South Palm Avenue between the south side of the alley way to McAnsh Square.