WASHINGTON -A Utah company is recalling approximately 90,000 pounds of beef jerky products due to mislabeling and an undeclared allergen.
The USDA says the Prime Snax Inc. products were processed with a releasing agent containing soy lecithin, a known allergen, which was not added to the label.
The products subject to recall were produced prior to Feb. 2, 2014, and were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number "EST. 18951" inside the USDA Mark of Inspection and a date on the packages prior to August 11, 2015, in the format of "mm dd yy."
The Beef Jerky products include:
Arizona Jacks Brand:
- 8 oz./24 count packages of "Original"
- 3.5 oz./24 count packages of "Peppered Rippled Cut" and "Original Rippled Cut"
- 6 oz./80 count packages of "Frontier Cuts - Hot," "Frontier Cuts - Pepper," and "Frontier Cuts- Original"
- 3.25 oz./12 count packages of "Super Giga Hot," "Super Giga Original," and "Super Giga Peppered"
- 6 oz./30 count packages of "Premium Peppered," "Premium Original Strip," and "Premium Teriyaki"
- 3.5 oz./30 count packages of "Peppered Thin Cut" and "Original Thin Cut"
- 7 oz./24 count packages of "Peppered Thin Cut," "Thin Cut," "Original Chunky," and "Peppered Chunky"
Desert Star Brand:
- 12 oz./18 count packages of "Desert Star Peppered" and "Desert Star Original"
- 3 oz. - 3 packages/case with 8 pieces/package of "Desert Star Original" and "Desert Star Peppered"
Southwest Trail Brand:
- 1 oz. - 6 packages/case with 12 pieces/package of "Southwest Trail Original," "Southwest Trail Peppered," "Southwest Trail Red Chile," and "Southwest Trail Green Chile"
- 3 oz. - 4 packages/case with 12 pieces/package of "Southwest Trail Original," "Southwest Trail Peppered," "Southwest Trail Red Chile," and "Southwest Trail Green Chile"
- 3.5 oz. "Terrell's Original," "Terrell's Honey BBQ," and "Terrell's Pepper"
Kettle Creek Brand:
- 3.5 oz./12 count packages of "Kettle Creek Original" and "Kettle Creek Peppered"
So far, there have been no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption.
Consumers with questions about the recall should contact Jackie Pappas at (801) 977-0742.
You may also like...
Mystery House:Unsuspecting house holds a hidden secret
Abuse Arrest:Hog-hunting mom leaves kids in freezing car
Seeking Sasquatch:Bigfoot sightings abound in Colorado
Cyclist stuck in windshield:"Hi, I'm the guy you hit"
Miracle Baby:Tampa toddler has 5-organ transplant
Here kitty, kitty:Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
#ShortYellows:Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot:Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth:Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting:Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners:Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected:Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole:Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders:Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections:Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here