BRIGANTINE, N.J. - Queue the scary "Jaws" theme music!
What certainly appeared to be a great white shark was spotted off the coast of the South Jersey shore, CBS Philadelphia reported Sunday.
Three videos posted on YouTube and shared on Twitter show the shark circling a boat and getting a little too close for the crew's comfort.
"Uh-oh, he's going to take our chum bag. He's going to take our chum bag!" one sailor can be heard saying in the video, which has gone viral on social media.
And in case you were wondering, yes, the shark took the chum bag, which must have seemed like a convenient little snack to him.
An expert with the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine told CBS Philadelphia it's not out of the realm of possibility that great whites are swimming so close to the coast. He also said the sharks would likely remain far enough from shore so they wouldn't pose a danger to swimmers on the beach.
The crew who spotted the great white reportedly took off when the shark started nibbling at the engine.
HOW WOULD YOU HAVE REACTED? POST A COMMENT ON OUR FACEBOOK POST:
More Shark Stories:
- Sharks surround surfers at New Smyrna Beach Inlet
- GALLERY: Whale Sharks, the world's largest fish
- Man rides on back of a giant shark!
- Three boys reel in 692-pound Mako shark
- Was that a great white shark near Anna Maria Island?
- Huge Hammerhead Shark caught from beach by FAU student
- Hammerhead Shark pulled in to shore near Pompano Beach
- WATCH: Giant Hammerhead near Anna Maria Island
- Clean water bringing more sharks to Tampa Bay