Like this topic? You may also like these photo galleries:
TAMPA, Florida (AP) - The New Tampa woman accused of shooting and killing her two teenagers wiped away tears as a high school classmate of her daughter was called as a potential juror.
The emotional moment in Hillsborough County Court happened Wednesday.
Julie Schenecker is accused of killing her 16-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son in 2011. The 53-year-old is charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
Prosecutors, defense attorneys and a judge have spent three days questioning more than 100 potential jurors.
Two potential jurors were dismissed on Wednesday, one for talking about the case while other prospective jurors were present and the other for being influenced by the conversation.
Twelve jurors are four alternates will be selected for the trial.
Many potential jurors said they had seen or read news stories about the case.
More on the Julie Schenecker case:
- New Tampa mom accused of murdering her children
- Julie Schenecker pleads not guilty
- Documents tell more about Julie Schenecker's home life
- Scheneckers officially divorced
- PHOTOS: Schenecker crime scene photos
- Calyx Schenecker remembered on graduation day
- Psychologist: Mental illness drove Schenecker to kill
- Parker Schenecker one-on-one with Reggie Roundtree
- Julie Schenecker will not face death penalty
- New audio recordings released in Schenecker arrest
- Jury selection proves to be challenging
- Schenecker trial begins
- Ex-husband takes the stand
- Shocking Julie Schenecker statement played in court
- GUILTY: Schenecker sentenced to life in prison