Tampa, Florida -- A 2-alarm fire broke out on the roof of a Hillsborough elementary school on Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire at E.L. Bing Elementary School. Hillsborough Fire Rescue says workers were on the roof when they noticed smoke coming from a refrigeration unit.
The school's fire alarm was pulled and students and faculty exited the building safely.
No injuries have been reported. There is damage to the cafeteria area, because firefighters had to rip open a wall to make sure the fire did not spread.
School officials say students were taken by bus to Progress Village Middle Magnet School of the Arts, and from there they will be bused home as usual at the end of the school day.
Any parent or guardian on the student's emergency contact list who wants to pick up their children will need a photo ID and have to go to Progress Village. Any students not picked up will follow their normal bus route home in the afternoon.