Tampa, Florida -- As a part of its on-going effort to become more accessible to the Tampa Bay community, MOSI has announced that, effective immediately, all children 5 and under will now receive free admission to the Museum of Science & Industry.
As the only institution solely dedicated to science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) education, MOSI continues to make accessibility a priority. With MOSI now offering free admission to all children 5 and under, in addition to its participation in the Blue Star Museums initiative, its recent announcement of free memberships for Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas county school employees, and providing 400 Summer Science Camp scholarships this year, MOSI now gives approximately $4 million back to the community annually in free tickets, memberships, scholarships, outreach and educator trainings.
Additionally, MOSI hosts several free community-wide events each year including:
- The City of Tampa and Hillsborough County Hurricane EXPO
- Hillsborough County Schools Elementary Science Olympics and Brain Bowl
- Free educator events for teachers, administrators and their families
- A free home school educators open house
- Free quarterly SkyWatches, an event where the community can come and use MOSI telescopes and talk to our educators about the wonders of space
For more information, call 813-987-6000 or visit mosi.org. For ways you can support MOSI, call 813-987-6076.