JACKSONVILLE, FL (CBS) - A man was arrested for auto theft after stealing an ambulance from a hospital, CBS affiliate WTEV reports.
Ezickel Ford, 54, stole a Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department rescue unit while it was parked in front of Baptist South Hospital, according to Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Ford was put on medication earlier that day by his doctor. The new medication caused him to vomit, and he was taken to the hospital.
Ford told police he was tired of waiting at the hospital.
He walked out of the emergency room, realized the ambulance door was open, then got in and drive himself home.
"The rescue door was open and it was running and I just wanted to go home," Ford said.
The rescue unit was recovered a short time later by police at Ford's home. He was sitting on the front steps when police arrived to arrest him.
- Prison guard guilty of stealing inmates' IDs
- WATCH: Man confronts women taking beach gear
- Truck full of Hershey's products stolen
- Arrests made in $2 million baby formula theft ring
- Teenagers caught after hitting Pasco detective
- Boy charged with stealing school bus
- Thief steals package with military uniforms
- Serial tickler breaking in, striking sleeping victims