COCOA BEACH, FL (CBS12) -- A ten year old girl is recovering from an apparent shark bite while spending the day at Cocoa Beach. The girl was swimming in shallow water when she was bitten. Witnesses say they heard her screaming for help.
"Well, they all streaked over there pretty quick to help out with everybody and got her iced down and got her out of there real quick and so forth. And, yeah, they did a great job.
Those guys really did a great job."The girl has bite marks on her right foot and ankle. She is excepted to be OK.
OTHER SHARK STORIES:
- Large shark spotted near Florida beach
- FL shark researcher has international reputation
- Girl, 10, victim of apparent shark bite in Cocoa Beach
- Lifeguards want to track shark bites
- Shark bite leaves Orlando boy in hospital
- WATCH: Hammerhead spooks Florida beachgoers
- Screenwriter: 'Sharknado 2' is 'fun and ridiculous'